MongoDB is the most popular document-based NoSQL database. It provides higher performance, easy scalability, flexibility to add any type of data, replication, JSON-style documents with dynamic schema, advanced querying and special storage specification as GridFS.
All these advantages compel the developer communities to embed it with some more advanced technologies and formulate the UI tools to simplify the administration task. Below is the list of 5 such useful developer tools that provide ease of development with this NoSQL database.
- Automated Processing
- Database Management
- MongoVUE: A GUI application requiring Microsoft.NET framework installed on the system and it helps you to:
- Develop and
- Learn MongoDB
- Fang of mongo: Simple Web based user interface built with Django and jQuery includes features such as:
- Data loading indicator
- User-friendly collection statistics and
- Twitter stream plug-in
- Mongo Hub: A native OS X GUI application for database administration useful to a MongoDB developer who works with iOS which can manage database locally or over the web and its functions include:
- Adding/ removing databases and collections
- Dumping collections or entire databases and
- Performing custom queries
- Database Master: A GUI for MongoDB developers that can be used for Windows OS offering:
- Functions for editing, managing, reporting and visualizing in relational or NOSQL database systems.
- Tree views for databases and collections
- Server/database statistics and
- Support for RDBMS
The above mentioned tools are very much active and are widely used by the developers who are seeking for great results by embedding the respective drivers with the NoSQL database. And, there are more tools available which can be helpful to the user according to the needs of the application.