What Is Bootstrap?
Working with Bootstrap
A lot of work is automatically done when working with Bootstrap. The default behavior of any form factor, specific or not, can be customized using Bootstrap. It does not alter the look and design of page on which it is used. The Bootstrap version 3 is available with CSS. This helps in targeting the browser width that may be found on large desktops to tablets or those on mobile phones. Even annotating HTML5 elements can be used through the classes of Bootstrap CSS. Out of the CSS classes that are most common and in use are the grid systems of Bootstrap. Here through the usage of rows and columns, layout of a page can be organized.
There are a number of UI components present in Bootstrap which help create the UI of a website. These ranges from Button group to Button drop-down, Breadcrumb to Navbar and Progress bar to Pagination. Many of these components are enabled to respond by themselves as they are able to do the rendering in different manners.
Bootstrap has Advanced UI Features
Bootstrap is enabled with a bouquet of custom JQuery plug-ins. These include Collapsible panels, Carousel, Popover messages and Modal dialogue prompts. These plug-ins help in creating newer aspects in web designing in a record time, without any hassles whatsoever.
Bootstrap is Popular
The past few years have seen the rise in popularity of Bootstrap as a development framework for the front-end. Designers and developers are pouring in or switching to Bootstrap day by day, the simple being it is user-friendly, easy to use and there is a lot one can do with the extra features. The framework is evidently rich in features and the developers have been largely benefited, mostly because creativity can be let unleashed using Bootstrap.
Factors that Make Bootstrap Popular
- Development Speed – It is definitely good news that any program can speed up a work process. This is actually possible using Bootstrap. The development speed is way ahead of similar program and works like that of a new website of a new app can be done in a jiffy. The blocks that are ready-made and inbuilt can lessen your time of work and the cross-browser compatibility helps in lessening the time even more. You can save hours of coding by using these features.
- Responsiveness – Creation of websites ready for mobile devices ready websites can easily be done with Bootstrap the grid layout used by it is fluid and can be adjusted dynamically to the required screen resolution.
- Consistency – Bootstrap is consistent. It was built using the core concept to pair designers with developers. It ensures consistency not considering who’s working with it. Also uniform results may be available in any platform and therefore the output is the same in whichever browser you are using, be it Firefox, Chrome or IE.
- Customizable –Bootstrap can be customized and tailor-made suiting the specifications of a project. Developers are able to pick and choose the features which they need.
- Support –There is an enormous support community for Bootstrap therefore all the help that is needed can be made available at any point of time.